After TPB, kat.cr is one of the most reliable sources for quality torrents. If you depend on torrents to download stuff, you may now search and download torrents from kat.cr without opening your browser, thanks to a new Python utility Katastrophe. This essentially means no more distracting ads or unwanted links. Katastrophe provides a very clean and responsive interface.
- very clean and uncluttered interface
- browse by latest – latest apps, movies, latest TV, latest anime…
- browse by category – apps, movies, TV, anime, songs…
- search torrents
- download a single, multiple of series of torrents files in a go
- integrated bittorrent client from Lita (if none found in the system)
However, there are too many switches to remember. The program help comes in handy but auto-complete scripts would be a great improvement.
Another improvement could be an option to specify the torrent client, in case there are multiple in the system. For example, I prefer rTorrent.
Given the number of dependencies it has, the easiest and preferable way to install Katastrophe is using pip:
$ sudo pip install katastrophe
Katastrophe uses one switch each for each operation, so the number of switches are many. However, the program help is short and sweet:
$ katastrophe -h
On GitHub: Katastrophe