We saw a new model from Raspberry Pi family last February. Today the youngest (so far) member of the Pi family has been announced – Pi Zero. Pi Zero cuts the price of the board to $5 (€4.5), that’s as cheap as it gets for a powerful board like it.
Let’s know it better!
- A single-core BCM2835 processor (ARM-6), can now be over-clocked to 1GHz
- 512MB RAM with Micro SD port for storage
- 1 Micro USB data port to connect accessories
- The 40 pin GPIO allows you to use only essential connections for your project
- Supports full HD 1080P output via Mini HDMI or using RCA composite video output
- Power rating of just 160mA even when connected to a 1080P display (this the most efficient Raspberry Pi till date)
- Micro USB power source
Get up, close and personal with Pi Zero in the video below (courtesy TheRaspberryPiGuy).