Uploading huge files to share them with others is a pain. You can share a directory but how long do you need to keep the share alive? Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could share files seamlessly between computers running different operating systems in a LAN using a single client? NitroShare makes it possible.
- Automatic discovery of devices on the local network
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Drag and drop to transfer files
- Transfer entire directories
- Completely free and open-source
- Application indicator in the system tray
- Runs on Linux / Windows / Mac OS X (written in Qt)
Get the installer for your operating system and architecture from the project page (linked below).
Ubuntu has a dependency which should be installed using:
$ sudo apt-get install libqxmlrpc1