GitSavvy is a plugin for Sublime Text 3. It integrates some of the Git features into the popular editor and let users use those without switching to the cmdline or other GUI based Git clients.
GitSavvy doesn’t support Sublime Text 2 and works best with Sublime Text 3 development version. Features working at the time of writing are:
- Basic Git functionality;
- Inline diff viewing, including quick navigation between modified hunks and the ability to (un)stage files by hunk or by line (inspired by SourceTree)
- GitHub integration
> issue/collaborator referencing when committing
> opening the current file on GitHub at the selected line
- GitHub-style blame view, showing hunk metadata and ability to view the commit that made the change
git diffview, allowing user to (un)stage hunks across all files
- A status dashboard, exposing much of the available functionality
Install the plugin in 3 simple steps:
- Install the Sublime Text Package Control plugin if you don’t have it already.
- Open the command palette and start typing
Package Control: Install Package.
On GitHub: GitSavvy