Are you a vim fan who loves customization tips or plugins to make it more power-packed? spf13-vim is a custom vim distribution that might exactly be the thing you are looking for.
- Custom configuration for ~/.vimrc and suited to programming. Well organized into sections with labels and comments.
- Centralized swap and backup files.
- Fixes common typos like :W, :Q etc.
- Setup the interface to make use to vim’ power features.
- Configured plugins like Vundle, NERDtree, Surround, Syntastic, Tagbar, Easymotion and more…
- Provision to add your own bundles or custom settings
- Additional syntaxes like Markdown, Twig, Git commits
- Colour themes included
- Snippets for use with snipmate
- Support through mailing list and discussion group
- Same customization for Linux, Windows and Mac
If you think all that is purely awesome, install spf13-vim on Linux with the following command:
$ curl http://j.mp/spf13-vim3 -L -o - | sh
Don’t worry! It will backup your existing configuration.