Albert is a brand new launcher for Linux like Mutate. It is in Alpha stage of development at the time of writing. Written in Qt5/C++, Albert can run on many desktop environments. Current features include:
- Launch applications
- Open files
- Open Chromium bookmarks (Firefox to be supported)
- Calculate mathematical expressions
- Search the web
- Configurable modules: add/remove web searches, configure which files it should index, etc.
- Supports fuzzy search (not enabled by default – it can be enabled individually for each module)
- Modify the actions taken by pressing the modifier keys
- Configurable settings: hotkey, maximum history, maximum number of proposals, subtext for selected/unselected item, etc.
- Themable: ships with 3 themes by default
Albert cannot autostart at the time of writing. It needs to be added to stratup programs.
Albert needs Qt5. To download the latest release of Qt visit here.
To install Albert on Ubuntu:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install albert
On GitHub: Albert