We explored many note managers in earlier articles. There are several quality applications like Cherrytree, Springseed, Laverna or purely console based note managers. There’s even Notepadqq, a Notepad++ clone. However, this is a category where new members keep coming on.
We came across qNotesManager, written in C++/Qt. It is a rich text editor cum notes manager.
- Format note text in WYSIWYG-editor
- Insert images, lists, tables
- Add tags to notes
- Group notes in categories (folders)
- Filter notes by creation / modification time
- Encrypt notes
- Quick note: create a new note with text from clipboard with just one click
- Multiplatform. Supports Linux, Windows and Mac
qNotesManager is not distributed as a package yet. It needs to be compiled from source. The dependencies are:
- Qt4 libraries (4.4 or above)
To compile it on Ubuntu:
$ git clone https://github.com/WalterSullivan/qNotesManager.git $ sudo apt-get install build-essential qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libssl-dev libqt4-core libqca2 libqca2-dev libqca2-plugin-ossl libqca2-plugin-gnupg $ cd qNotesManager $ qmake $ make $ sudo make install
On GitHub: qNotesManager