Qmmp is a powerful XMMS or Winamp clone (visually) for Linux with an array of advanced capabilities. It is written in Qt and works on a plugin based architecture. While it has numerous features, some of the significant ones are:
- Supports many audio file formats.
- Plugins for DSP effects.
- Plugins for visual effects.
- Supports various audio outputs (pulseaudio, ALSA …).
- 10 band equalizer.
- MMS support.
- Play audio streams over the internet.
- Skinnable. Add skins with .wsz extension from 1001 Skins.
- Lyrics support.
- Cover art.
- Multiple playlists support.
- Audio format converter.
- ReplayGain scanner.
- External programs execution on track change.
- As it is written in Qt it can run on multiple desktop environments.
- Free and open source.
Run the following to install Qmmp on Ubuntu (instructions for other distros here):
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install qmmp $ sudo apt-get install qmmp-plugin-pack