BakAndImgCD is a minimal Linux distro based on 4MLinux for all your backup needs. It comes in an ISO of 20MB (!!!) which is much lesser in bulk than well-known solutions like Clonezilla (128MB). It doesn’t have any desktop environment as the interface is menu driven. Features:
- Can run from USB.
- Supports btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, FAT, HFS, HFS+, jfs, Minix, NTFS, ReiserFS, and XFS filesystems.
- Can perform disk imaging using using Partimage, Partclone and GNU ddrescue.
- Archives and images can be optionally compressed and sent to a remote FTP/SFTP sever or backed-up on USB or optical media.
- 3 operational modes: selective file backup, automatic file backup, dis image creation.
- Utility applications include Midnight Commander file browser, Lynx text based web browser and cfdisk or cgdisk partition managers.
- Open source and free.