Here’s a collection of various tools to take screenshots and share them:
- xScreenshot: Capture and edit the full screen or part of the screen. Share with friends. Works on Linux and Windows.
- Dropbox script: Take a screenshot and upload to Dropbox using a simple script. Linux only.
- Gyazo: Capture the full or partial screen and share the generated links instantly. For Linux, Windows, Mac.
- Shutter: Feature rich with sharing capabilities. Linux only.
- Scrot: Power screenshots from cmdline. Linux only.
- Lookit: A relatively new project to take screenshots and share them. Linux only.